Friday, January 30, 2009

A decline in The Great Depression media mania

Ten days ago I used Google News to count the total number of "news" references to the phrase "The Great Depression" in the previous 24 hours. I just redid the search and I see a decline to 319 hits in the last 24 hours from 411 hits in the 24-hour period ten days ago. This search includes noteworthy blogs as well as articles that were republications of various newswire articles.

The absolute number means little other than a mania on the part of the media, but I'll check back in a week and see if there is a trend emerging or maybe even vanishing.

This is only my second week observing this statistic, so it is too soon to call any trend.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home